Wednesday, July 14, 2010
A Different Kind of Substance
- an onion, chopped and sauteed in butter and olive oil
- three-ish red potatoes, chunked
- three-ish carrots, washed and chopped
- some celery, diced
- a bunch of fresh basil, chopped to your liking (I got lazy, as you can see)
- many shakes of dried thyme
- a few shakes of dried marjoram
- a good amount of filtered water
- salt and pepper - lots (or to taste, which should be lots)
Simmer ingredients until it smells divine and the peas and root veggies are soft enough for you.
Reheats incredibly well.