Thursday, January 17, 2013

On Gun Control

Here's my quick Facebook-post opinion on gun control. Hint: it's not as simple as gun control.

"I don't personally like guns, but I do like the Second Amendment. I think we should enforce the laws we have, make it more difficult for criminals and the mentally ill to acquire guns, promote a culture where more and more dangerous guns are not cool or necessary, and address the malaise and mental health that are escalating in this country and in the Western world. I believe our collective mental health is suffering because 1. of the way we institutionally, systematically, and a priori-ly equate Consuming with Moral Good and 2. we engage in flagrant theft, misuse, and waste of resources that are not renewing nearly as quickly as we can consume them (and we're becoming increasingly more aware, consciously or subconsciously, that this is wrong)."

Discuss.

No comments: