Friday, November 13, 2009



I went to a poetry reading/slam/community on campus last night with a couple of classmates and was so pleased with what I experienced there.  In addition to the two professional guests I mention below, we had some students and local church members get up and spit their rhymes.  Powerful powerful stuff.

John Goode is real and hilarious and I swear he and I must have grown up with the same mother!

Sunni Patterson is a mystic with a sense of lyricism and rhythm that nearly blew me away and made half of the audience secretly tear up.  I am going to (safely and electronically-only) stalk her, I think.

If you're in the Dayton area tonight, I strongly suggest you check them out.  Now it's off to the library and amazon.com to see if I can find their stuff, especially Sunni's.

2 comments:

boo said...

I will do a search to sample. Thanks for he music tip!

Hey, I know blogger that has her Xanga wired to send commenters right over to her wordpress blog. If you want to do that someday, I will head over and ask her how she does it. I think she just puts it in a link at the bottom of her posts and closes comments on the xaa. Anyway, it was a way she found to mix the two and it's worked.

I love the look of this place!

jerjonji said...

every blogger should have several homes! sounds like a great poetry nite!